Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Tolley Shorn <Sh...@nrm.qld.gov.au> on 2003/03/31 09:42:09 UTC

[lang] ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString() and inherited fields

Hi folks,

Please correct me if I'm posting to the wrong place or something.

I'd like to use commons-lang's reflective toString() builder
functionality in the toString() methods of my domain objects.  But we
use a fair bit of field inheritance, and reflectionToString() calls
Class.getDeclaredFields() which the Java API states won't return
inherited fields.

Am I barking up the wrong tree using the ToStringBuilder for this?
Are there any plans to make the ToStringBuilder use a different
mechanism for this (like maybe using the JavaBean standard?)

Cheers,
Shorn.

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.

computer system network.