Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by valsaraj pv <va...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/01 08:07:05 UTC

Re: Tomcat 9 - failed to set property [packetSize]

Here is the configuration details:

Apache:

> ProxyPass /app ajp://<IP>:8009/app retry=0 ttl=6000
> ProxyPassReverse /app ajp://<IP>:8009/app
> ProxyPreserveHost On
> ProxyRequests Off
> UseCanonicalName On
> Timeout 1200
> ProxyTimeout 1200

Tomcat 9:

> <Connector address="0.0.0.0" port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3"
> packetSize="65536"
> connectionTimeout="60000" maxThreads="500" secretRequired="false"
> redirectPort="8443" enableLookups="false"/>

Tomcat 8:

> <Connector address="0.0.0.0" connectionTimeout="60000"
> emptySessionPath="true"
> enableLookups="false" maxThreads="500" packetSize="65536"
> port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"/>

Following error in Tomcat 9 when packetSize="65536" added:

> ERROR [ErrorPageFilter] Cannot forward to error page for request
> [/app/list] as the response has already been committed. As a result, the
> response may have the wrong status code. If your application is running on
> WebSphere Application Server you may be able to resolve this problem by
> setting com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokeFlushAfterService to false
> org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException:
> Connection reset by peer

Thanks!

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 9:49 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 31/12/2020 16:05, valsaraj pv wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply Mark.
> >
> > Is packetSize property still available in http connector? I got this
> > warning when I added in it.
>
> That property has never been valid for an HTTP Connector for any Tomcat
> version.
>
> > It is possible to add this property in ajp connector but when I access
> via
> > Apache proxy, it shows connection closed. When this attribute is removed
> > all works fine. But this behaviour is different from Tomcat 8, where this
> > property worked fine with the same front end Apache proxy. Any
> > pointers would be appreciated.
>
> You'll need to provide your full proxy configuration from httpd and the
> full <Connector> element(s) from Tomcat for us to be able to help you.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mark
>

> > Thank you very much!

> >> warning

> >> packetSize is a valid attribute for the AJP Connectors in Tomcat 9.
> >>
> >> Please provide the full content of the Connector element exhibiting the
> >> issue.
> >>
> >> Mark

Life is like this: "Just when we get all the answers of life.... God
changes the question paper....

Valsaraj Viswanathan

Re: Tomcat 9 - failed to set property [packetSize]

Posted by valsaraj pv <va...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mark!
It works fine after removing packetSize.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.