Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Willis Morse <wi...@mac.com> on 2007/12/04 23:05:06 UTC

Re: wanted: namespace prefix

> Hello everybody.
>
> I just ran into the same problem that has been reported on this
> list on
> 30.Aug.2005 (subject: 'namespace prefix problem') - I could not find a
> response to that email so I am asking again.
>
> I am trying to create an xupdate String out of an XmlObject's DOM
> Node,
> and for that I need to know the prefixes of element and attribute
> names
> which have been set in the schema file. However, the Node.getPrefix()
> method returns an empty string for my elements and attributes.
>
> Is there a way to find out which prefix has been assigned to a
> specific
> namespace in the schema of an XmlObject?
>
> Best regards,
>     Johannes

I just ran into this one. Dynamically generated nodes have no prefix.
There's a thread in the developer list talking about this:

	http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.xmlbeans.devel/645/focus=651

The only mentioned workaround I could get working was to save the XML
first, then reparse it. That's enough to get the prefixes properly
assigned.

- Willis Morse