Posted to users@maven.apache.org by spamsucks <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2006/12/07 21:54:58 UTC

what dependency is bringing in this artifact?

I have a project that uses a lot of dependencies (spring, hibernate, axis,
etc..) My war file ends up containing multiple versions of some files (e.g.
xerces-2.4.0.jar and xercesImpl-2.4.0 or xmlParserAPIs-2.2.1 and
xml-apis-1.0.b2.api)

I would like to set an exclusion for these in my pom, but I don't know where
these dependencies are coming from.  Is there a way to figure out what is
bringing these in?

thanks for your help.
phillip

Re: what dependency is bringing in this artifact?

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 09/12/06, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got that Symantec Mail Security thing too recently but it seems like
> it wasn't the Maven Users list bouncing your mail, rather just someone
> who is subscribed who's Mail Admins have set something up which is
> sending us bounces for containing "prohibited content".

Ah-ha, that could explain it - I thought it was strange considering I
was using gmail in the browser and doubted apache would be using
norton..

> Rest assured, we got all 3 emails you sent... ;-)

Hehe, apologies for the spam shamelessly self-promoting my patch (but
it did get applied as a consequence :).

Cheers,

Mark

Re: what dependency is bringing in this artifact?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I got that Symantec Mail Security thing too recently but it seems like
it wasn't the Maven Users list bouncing your mail, rather just someone
who is subscribed who's Mail Admins have set something up which is
sending us bounces for containing "prohibited content".

Rest assured, we got all 3 emails you sent... ;-)

Wayne

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.
On 12/8/06, Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or apply MPH-14 and use help:dependencies for an easy-to-read dependency tree!

the patch has been applied, you should be able to run the
help:dependencies goal using the latest snapshot available in the
repo.

cheers
fabrizio

Re: what dependency is bringing in this artifact?

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'll try again - the below email was rejected by an over-zealous spam

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy