Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/04/21 13:53:02 UTC

Re: [Trinidad] TRINIDAD-779 PPR not triggered when deleting last row from table

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Paul Freeman <pf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're about to go production on our web site within the next month, but
> we're hitting a number of issues caused by the above bug. We see it not only
> on deleting rows from a table but also when updating certain tables -
> basically, PPR does not occur after any action which causes the source
> command link/button to disappear. This is a real showstopper for us.

have you tried addPartialTarget() ?
e.g. the component that contains the table ?
(or even UIViewRoot) ?

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [Trinidad] TRINIDAD-779 PPR not triggered when deleting last row from table

Posted by Paul Freeman <pf...@yahoo.com>.
I have attached a maven-based testcase to the JIRA issue. Much appreciated if someone could look into it...

________________________________
Posted by Paul Freeman <pf...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Could you submit a test case that builds using maven and runs with
jetty support (just a normal war pom setup and the jetty plugin can be
added easily)?

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Paul Freeman <pf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just tried it and no luck :-(
>
> Note that the delete() method in my case is in context of a popped up dialog
> so the line:
>   UIXTable table =
> (UIXTable)FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot().findComponent("tableId");
> ... returned null so I got to the UIXTable object through an associated
> backing bean. Not sure whether any of this matters though...
>
> Assuming we can't think of a workaround, what are the chances of anyone in
> the core dev team being able to work on this? Or do I need to put some time
> aside to debug this myself?
>
> thanks
> Paul.
> ________________________________

  List myList = // get the thing;

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
one more guess.

in the delete, did you try something like this ?

public String delete()
{
  List myList = // get the thing;
  myList.remove(...);
  // store the "change"

  UIXTable table = (UIXTable)
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot().findComponent("tableId");
  table.setValue(myList);
  RequestContext rc= RequestContext.getCurrentInstance();
  rc.addPartialTarget(table);

}

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Paul Freeman <pf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Matthias - thanks for the response.
>
> We tried addPartialTarget on the table component itself - i.e. on the action
> method which deletes the object we tried calling addPartialTarget() on the
> table. Unfortunately, that didn't help.
>
> We also tried adding a return listener on the commandButton which launched
> the dialog (which contains a commandButton that subsequently deletes the
> object) and then calling addPartialTarget from the return listener. However,
> it looks like the same issue causes the return listener not to be called -
> i.e. if the action results in its commandButton disappearing then the return
> listener is not triggered.
>
> I've just tried addPartialTarget on the document and the UIViewRoot and no
> joy I'm afraid.
>
> Any other pointers (or a fix!) would be really appreciated...
>
> thanks
> Paul.
>
> ________________________________

or the Document component ?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Paul Freeman <pf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We're about to go production on our web site within the next month, but
>> we're hitting a number of issues caused by the above bug. We see it not only
>> on deleting rows from a table but also when updating certain tables -
>> basically, PPR does not occur after any action which causes the source
>> command link/button to disappear. This is a real showstopper for us.
>
> have you tried addPartialTarget() ?
> e.g. the component that contains the table ?
> (or even UIViewRoot) ?
or the Document component ?