Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gp...@roe.ac.uk on 2003/12/02 01:43:18 UTC

and project.properties

Hi there,

I have been using Maven for a while now and have even persuaded and setup AstroGrid to use Maven as it's main build system.  Hooray!!

I have a question regarding POM inheritance though.  I had assumed that if I extended a POM that I would also get it's properties.  I thought this because you inherit dependencies and so if, as I do, you have a custom repository, you need to inherit that too.

It would seem that I was mistaken however.  Is there a good reason for this?  I think it would be sensible to automagically get the properties too.

Many thanks for your help,

Peter

P.S. I'm using Maven-1.0-rc1 with Sun JDK 1.4.1 under RH9
--
Peter Shillan  AstroGrid Java Developer
gps@roe.ac.uk  (UK)-(0)131-668-8282

Institute for Astronomy, Blackford Hill, Edinburgh, EH9 3HJ.