Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Milazzo, Michael A HQISEC" <Mi...@us.army.mil> on 2005/01/12 22:33:32 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError and Axis client stubs

Hello,

I deployed an Axis-based wrapped-style web service that accepts strings and
a byte array as parameters.  I generated the client stubs using WSDL2Java
and my client works for small files (6.3 MB).  I attempted to send a 63 MB
file to my web service, but the client application threw an OutOfMemoryError
without contacting the remote service.  My client application opens a file
object and retrieves the bytes.  These bytes are then sent as a parameter to
my web service.  I tried tweaking the heap size for the Java VM (-Xms256M
and -Xmx256M), but it does not fix my problem.  The exception is thrown when
I invoke the remote method.  Log data on the server indicates the client
never connected.

Would using something like SAAJ fix this issue?  Does anyone know whether
Axis has some file size ceiling?

Thanks,

Mike