Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com> on 2007/05/11 05:57:55 UTC

.NET Client builds

One of the targets for the .NET client (at least for the majority of the
functionality) is currently Mono, which I think is a good idea. However,
keeping the build is a bit of a chore currently.

Right now we have, in theory, MonoDevelop project files for the solution.
However, the truth is these haven't been updated in a long while and
maintaining them both *and* the VS solution files is quite inconvenient. And
for the .NET 1.1 build, currently MSBee is needed.

I'd like to propose a few changes here to simplify this:

1- Get rid of the MonoDevelop project files. Currently, there's no one that
is doing development on the .NET client on mono.

2- Create a global NAnt build file instead that can be used to generate
releases for all three platforms (.NET v1.1 and v2.0 and mono). Since we
don't change projects very often, keeping this one in sync will be far
easier than dealing with the MonoDevelop project files, so we'll rarely need
to modify it. We'd still use the VS project files for regular development
and builds, though.

Any comments?

Tomas Restrepo
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/