Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "HAMILTON, DALE K (SBCSI)" <dh...@sbc.com> on 2002/12/19 23:36:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Trouble loading an .so module

I have a copy of Apache 1.3.26 configured with the following static modules:

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_vhost_alias.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime_magic.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_info.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_speling.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_auth_anon.c
  mod_auth_dbm.c
  mod_digest.c
  mod_proxy.c
  mod_cern_meta.c
  mod_expires.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_usertrack.c
  mod_unique_id.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_perl.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /appl/optisys/apache/bin/suexec

When I try to load mod_jk.so for Tomcat apache gets the following error.

Syntax error on line 4 of
/appl/optisys/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:
Cannot load /appl/optisys/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: dlopen:
/appl/optisys/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so:
A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

The file is in fact in the directory and has rwx on owner and group.

Looking for directions to pursue in debugging...