Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Horry, Adam J" <ad...@lmco.com> on 2004/09/21 19:46:36 UTC

Turning off screen output for log4j

How do you turn off the screen output for log4j.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious but I have looked through the
documents and am still unable to determine how to do this.

Messages like:

Log4j: Level value for X is [INFO].

Numerous ones are printed to the screen based (I believe) on the LogLog
calls.
The developers have asked to have these messages turned off when they
are
running drivers, etc.

Anyway, thought someone else might know.

Thanks,
Adam J. Horry

RE: Turning off screen output for log4j

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.
if you have a log4j.properties file in your classpath, look for
"log4j.debug=true", if it's log4j.xml then the debug switch is like this:

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
debug="true">

Just make sure it's false.

cheers,