Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2001/04/14 23:11:34 UTC

[c2] runtime error with latest cocoon (fwd)

(part of) the problem turned out to be that TraxTransformer didn't have a
logger, so getLogger() returned null. i commented out the call to
getLogger with a FIXME, but the reason the exception is being thrown in
the first place is still a mystery. do i have to add something to my
webapp for the browser capabilities database to work?

- donald

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> (part of) the problem turned out to be that TraxTransformer didn't have a
> logger, so getLogger() returned null. i commented out the call to
> getLogger with a FIXME, but the reason the exception is being thrown in
> the first place is still a mystery. do i have to add something to my
> webapp for the browser capabilities database to work?

I've corrected the getLogger problem.

TraxTransformer
    extends AbstractTransformer
    extends AbstractXMLConsumer
    extends AbstractLoggable

AbstractTransformer had implemented the logger stuff again like the
AbstractXMLConsumer and thus the null logger.

It should work now.

Giacomo