Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Strasburg <cs...@ameslab.gov> on 2003/07/31 23:21:58 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap, frontpagehack, and AuthUserFile question:

Hello everyone,

I need a little help integrating rtr's frontpage module and
mod_auth_ldap.  The frontpage authentication works just fine using users
and groups from the automatically setup local auth files, but when I
follow the instructions on the mod_auth_ldap documentation page to use
the frontpage hack, no ldap authentication is attempted.

After munging around in the .htaccess files I found that ldap
authentication will be attempted ONLY if I remove the AuthUserFile
directive.  However, as expected, ANY ldap user is then allowed access,
whether or not they have been added as an author to the frontpage web.

I'm using RHL8.0 with Apache 2.0.47 built against openldap-2.0.27-2.8.0.
  I'm also using nss_ldap for system level authentication and
information lookups.

Here is what my .htaccess file looks like:

=========================
# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
require valid-user
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthType Basic
AuthName webDevelopment
AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://our.ldap.server:389/o=ourorg,c=ourc?cn?sub?(objectClass=*)"
AuthLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthLDAPFrontPageHack on
AuthUserFile /web/internal/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /web/internal/_vti_pvt/service.grp

=========================

Thanks in advance!

--
Chris Strasburg

Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap, frontpagehack, and AuthUserFile question:

Posted by SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com>.
yea you can not specify user auth file along if you want to use
mod_auth_ldap

Saqib Ali
---------
http://www.xml-dev.com