Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ice96 <ic...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 01:27:27 UTC

Tapestry 5.1 on top of GORM Hibernate Session bound to thread

Hello,

I'm experimenting with T5.1 and GORM. At the moment I'm trying to save
models into the database. Models without associations like: hasMany and
BelongsTo works perfectly. But when I try To save model like this:

package org.example.entities
mport grails.persistence.Entity

@Entity
public class User {
  long id
  String login
  String password
  static belongsTo = [role:Role]

  static mapping = {
      table 'USERS'
      login column:'LOGIN'
      password column:'PASSWORD'
  }
}

With this:

package org.example.pages.users

import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Property
import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.annotations.Inject
import org.example.entities.User
import org.slf4j.Logger

public class UsersAdd {
  @Inject
  private Logger log

  @Property
  private User user;

  Object onSuccess() {
    user.save();
    return null
  }

}

I have got an error: "Hibernate Session bound to thread, and configuration
does not allow creation of non-transactional one here"

As I sad, this works fine without associations. How to configure and pass
transactional session from Tapestry to Gorm?

Any suggestions?

Re: Tapestry 5.1 on top of GORM Hibernate Session bound to thread

Posted by ice96 <ic...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. This works like a charm.

Saddly but the Gorm events not work for me too.

Now I'm thinking about the Tapestry Grid and the BeanEditForm form
improvements. I want automaticly bind belongsTo anotation for multiple
choice (select) in BeanEditForm.

Re: Tapestry 5.1 on top of GORM Hibernate Session bound to thread

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.
You use transactional support like:

User.withTransaction{
  user.save()
}

What I find much more annoying is that the Gorm events don't work.