Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kershaw, David" <da...@merck.com> on 2001/07/18 22:30:15 UTC

Getting classes12.zip into classpath for Solaris

Hi

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1, Apache 1.3.12, and mod_jk that came with Tomcat on
Solaris, SunOs5.7. I get my JSPs to run but when they try to use Oracle I
get an error.

Here is my error:

Internal Servlet Error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleDataSource

Root cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleDataSource

I have a virtual host set up as such
        <Host name="xxxxxx.xxx.com">
            <Context path="/"
                docBase="/opt/www/ushh/campaign/htdocs"
                crossContext="false"
                debug="0"
                reloadable="true"
                trusted="false" />
        </Host>
with the apache httpd.conf as:
<VirtualHost xx.xx.xxx.xx:8081>
ServerAdmin david_kershaw@merck.com
ServerAlias xxxxx.xxx.com campaign
DocumentRoot /opt/www/ushh/campaign/htdocs
ServerName xxxxx.xxxx.com
ErrorLog /opt/www/ushh/campaign/logs/error_log
TransferLog /opt/www/ushh/campaign/logs/access_log
<Directory "/opt/www/ushh/campaign/htdocs/WEB-INF">
   Options None
   Deny from all
</Directory>
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

I have the classes12.zip file in /opt/www/ushh/campaign/htdocs/WEB-INF/lib
but it doesn;t load it from there. I also unzipped the file and made a
classes12.jar file and put it in /opt/www/ushh/campaign/htdocs/WEB-INF/lib.
I also added the following line to my wrappers.properties file:

# added this for Oracle JDBC driver JDK 1.2 *DK
wrapper.class_path=/opt/oracle/product/8.1.6/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip

What is left to try, How can I make the JDBC classes avaiable for my
application.

Thanks in advacen for any help

Dave