Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/11/27 16:26:17 UTC

A few administrative matters

Welcome again to all the new volunteers who have joined this list in
the recent days.  We're going to continue our campaign to recruit more
volunteers for a few more days.  At that point it will be easier for
us to start.  Until then as new volunteers join you will see a lot of
repetitive posts from me and others, explaining how to subscribe to
the list, etc.

A few quick administrative matters and things to do or think about until then:

1) This is a public mailing list.  Everything you mail to the list
(marketing@openoffice.apache.org) gets sent to everyone else who
subscribes to the list.  All posts are also archived   You can view
and search past discussions here:
http://markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-marketing

Subscribing/Unsubscribing is self-service.  If you want to subscribe
you send an email to marketing-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org.  And
if you want to unsusbcribe you must send an email to
marketing-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org.  In both cases this will
generate a confirmation message that you will need to respond to.
Please don't send a note to the list asking to be unsubscribed.  There
is nothing I can do.  It is self-service.

2) Some basic introductory information is on our website, what we call
our new volunteer orientation modules:
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/index.html

Please don't treat these as prerequisites to participation, or things
that you must work on immediately.  These pages have useful background
information and at some point you will benefit from knowing this
material.  But pace it out over a month or more if you want if you
want.  This should not feel like homework.

3) We have a project-wide list of volunteers on our wiki here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Directory+of+Volunteers
   Please create a wiki account and add an entry for yourself there.

Thanks!

-Rob