Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2013/06/10 19:31:17 UTC

[Webconsole] Inventory plugins opting out but generating json

Hi,

right now an inventory plugin can opt out to be displayed as a status
plugin in the web console.

I now have the situation where I have a (real) web console plugin as this
one has commands, but I also want to have status information via an
inventory plugin. As there is a web console plugin already my inventory
plugin opts out from being added to the web console. Until this point,
works perfectly.

Now, I've added json support to my inventory plugin - the json output is
added to the configuration zip as designed and the inventory printer is not
visible in the web console. While this is exactly is designed, it comes
with the caveat that the json of the inventory printer is not available via
http - which really would be nice.
The only option I have to achieve this is adding the inventory printer to
the web console which results in a status page duplication the output from
the web console plugin except the commands.

WDYT, is this something we should improve?

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [Webconsole] Inventory plugins opting out but generating json

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Yes, I think we should. They question is how ?

For an Inventory Printer to be accessible through the Web Console it must currently be registered as a plugin with the Web Console.

So maybe it would be a new feature for the web console to be able to not add a plugin to the menu.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix