Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by James Gough <jp...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/02 21:23:34 UTC

Dead Links to Wiki Pages

Hi,

I've just started looking into
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MTOOLCHAINS-21, which is a bug report
about Toolchains having a dead link to wiki pages previously hosted on:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Toolchains+Plugin

I had a look at a few other pages to get an idea what the Wikis were used
for and found Sunfire, jar signer and verifier on the few I spot checked
also have the same dead wiki links.

I'm happy to go and fix all these, but thought it would be useful to see
what the group thinks. My proposal is that these have been disappearing for
a while and I only see a few JIRAs (which are not specific in what they
need the page for).

Proposal is to simply remove all dead links to a wiki from plugin projects?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Dead Links to Wiki Pages

Posted by James Gough <jp...@gmail.com>.
Tibor and I worked through this on the SUREFIRE issue above. I think it
makes sense to remove the link to the wiki but add a note to encourage
people to contribute on GitHub. I'm going to aim to make those changes
across all projects over the next few days.

Thanks Tibor for your guidance.

Jim

Re: Dead Links to Wiki Pages

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.