Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Day, Michael-IBM/TT" <Mi...@Nextel.com> on 2002/08/28 18:26:08 UTC

Torque Namespace Concerns

I just wrote a schema XML file for my application (600 lines) and tried to
run "ant init."  I got hundreds of errors mostly because of namespace
issues.  First, the templates that do SQL generation should quote all table
names and column names (at least for PostgreSQL--not sure about others).
Second, the torque OM classes need to use fully qualified classnames.  I
have a table called "TRANSACTION," but there is a conflict because of the
class "org.apache.torque.util.Transaction."

Are other people experiencing these problems?  Does anyone have any simple
fixes?  I'm not a java expert, so it's difficult for me to locate the root
causes or delve into the most recent CVS version of torque.  Thanks for any
help!

RE: Torque Namespace Concerns

Posted by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com>.
> I just wrote a schema XML file for my application (600 lines) and
tried to
> run "ant init."  I got hundreds of errors mostly because of namespace
> issues.  First, the templates that do SQL generation should quote all
table
> names and column names (at least for PostgreSQL--not sure about
others).
> Second, the torque OM classes need to use fully qualified classnames.
> have a table called "TRANSACTION," but there is a conflict because of
the
> class "org.apache.torque.util.Transaction."

Hm. Good concern.

I don't think there is a simple fix, but it is something we can log as a
bug and see how it can be fixed. Probably in a 3.1/3.5/4.0 version as I
imagine doing it cleanly would require some heavy refactoring.

- Stephen