Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by gpthree <va...@wipro.com> on 2008/06/10 18:12:19 UTC

Is there any way of doing JDBC recording

Hi,

I am trying to load test an application (client - server) - thick client.
Now most of the requests sent are JDBC and SOAP.

Is there any way of recording these requests? If so can anyone please tell
me how?

Are there any other 3rd party tools that can help me record the jdbc
requests??

Can I sent multiple SQL queries in a single JDBC request??

I have added a couple of JDBC requests and further a listner tree. I am
getting the following error. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
java.net.ConnectException
MESSAGE: Connection timed out: connect

STACKTRACE:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at
com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:173)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:267)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2739)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:1553)
	at
com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:266)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnectionFactory.newInstance(JdbcConnectionFactory.java:185)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.newPoolable(ResourceLimitingPool.java:672)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ValidatedResourceLimitingPool.newPoolable(ValidatedResourceLimitingPool.java:178)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.ResourceLimitingJdbcConnectionPool.newPoolable(ResourceLimitingJdbcConnectionPool.java:123)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.get(ResourceLimitingPool.java:402)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ValidatedResourceLimitingPool.get(ValidatedResourceLimitingPool.java:130)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource.getConnection(ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource.java:222)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.sampler.JDBCSampler.sample(JDBCSampler.java:79)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

** END NESTED EXCEPTION **

Thanks in advance

Re: Is there any way of doing JDBC recording

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
you'd have to change the code in your client to dumb out all sql
queries and transactions to a text file as sql statements. then you
can use it in jmeter

peter

Posted by Shane Petroff <sh...@mayet.ca>.
gpthree wrote:
> Can you plese brief me on your second point the client log the statements
> out to a
> file and use it from jmeter. How do i do that

I don't use mysql, so I can't comment on it directly, but the dbms
should have monitoring tools which can do this for you. Check out the
dbms docs and have it trace out all the activity you want to replay.

--
Shane

Re: Is there any way of doing JDBC recording

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.