Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Simon <ki...@btopenworld.com> on 2012/11/05 11:42:08 UTC

ActiveMQ is running but no ports

Hello, I am very new to this so please excuse me if what I am about to ask
doesn't make sense.

I have ActiveMQ installed on my Linux CentOS 6.2. When I enter the command
"ps -ef | grep activemq", I see that activemq is running. However, the
documentation page also states that I should be able to see the listening
ports when I enter "netstat". However, I see a list of ports and none of
them are activemq (61613).

When I start ActiveMQ, there are no obvious errors - it gives me a process
ID and says "ActiveMQ is running".

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

Re: ActiveMQ is running but no ports

Posted by Simon <ki...@btopenworld.com>.
Hi gtully. Thank you very much for your reply. I tried running "activemq
console" and received an error about read permissions which I fixed and an
error about "Temporary Store limit". I then cancelled the console and
attempted a restart of activemq. After receiving many Java errors about
"Connection refused to host", my Stomp application appears to be working and
I can see the port numbers when typing netstat.

So it appears the read permissions on a password file (jmx.password) was
causing problems. Thank you very much gtully, I think you have saved me from
a massive headache.

Re: ActiveMQ is running but no ports

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
try a run in foreground mode to get more information:

./bin/activemq console

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com