Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brian Fox <br...@apache.org> on 2008/02/23 01:20:22 UTC

Maven Archetype Plugin 2.0-alpha-2

The Maven team would like to announce the release of Maven Archetype
2.0-alpha-2. This release corrected backwards compatibility with the
1.0 version and a few windows issues. The site has also been updated
and deployed: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin

Release Notes - Maven Archetype - Version 2.0-alpha-2

** Bug

    * [ARCHETYPE-128] - Unable to create a Cocoon app with Maven
archetype: [WARNING] No archetype repository found.

    * [ARCHETYPE-133] - POMs generated as part of create-from-project
are not correct and prevent using this feature completely

** Improvement

    * [ARCHETYPE-116] - -DarchetypeArtifactId parameter is no longer respected

    * [ARCHETYPE-117] - return previous defaults

Use the -U flag to get the updated plugin.

Enjoy.

-- The Maven Team.

Re: Maven Archetype Plugin 2.0-alpha-2

Posted by Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com>.
Much appreciated backwards compat.

Thanks!!

Rodrigo

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Regardless of the current state of the documentation, you must deploy
the documentation for the version being released. It is part of our
release process [1], see point 8. This helps our users know exactly
which version of the docs they are reading.

As a personal preference, I consider the documentation a part of a
release. If the docs are not finished, the release should be postponed
until they are. This of course has no bearing on the alpha-2 release,
because it had to go out quickly.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html

Raphaël Piéroni wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> The documentation for the plugin is currently under construction.
>
> I hope to publish a better asap.
>
> Regards
>
> Raphaël
>
> 2008/2/23, Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>:
>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Brian Fox <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>>  > The Maven team would like to announce the release of Maven Archetype
>>  >  2.0-alpha-2. This release corrected backwards compatibility with the
>>  >  1.0 version and a few windows issues. The site has also been updated
>>  >  and deployed: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin
>>

>> Could you please verify this?
>>  I've just checked and there's 'Last Published: 10 Feb 2008' and most of
>>  'navigation' links points to 'page not found'.
>>
>>  Regards,
>>  Tomek

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Maven Archetype Plugin 2.0-alpha-2

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomasz,

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pablo Saavedra <pa...@gmail.com>.
That's great, but the links in the documentation section of the site give me
404 errors...

Thanks