Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/11 18:15:59 UTC

OpenEJB and Enterprise Features

Hi,

OpenEJB project has created a feature file to deploy their bundles.
This should be an excellent candidate for our Enterprise Features file
and a compagnion for Aries. Is it better to copy / paste their
features in our file or to point to their feature file in
org.apache.karaf.features.cfg ?

+ 1 : to copy/paste = add their file in karaf.features.cfg
- 1 : to copy/paste = add their file in karaf.features.cfg

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Sr. Principal Solution Architect - FuseSource
Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
Skype: cmoulliard

Re: OpenEJB and Enterprise Features

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guillaume,

There is no ambiguity nor misunderstanding.

If we create a wiki web page containing references with external
projects contributing to OSGI world, this is fine for me. We could
list there the existing features file like servicemix, camel,
activemq, openejb, ... and categorized them according to their purpose
: Integration Web, J2EE, ...
In this page, we can refer to the features section of karaf doc to
explain how to use those features repository with Karaf.

Remark : We could imagine to create a small certification program that
partners can adopt to certify their features repo according to karaf
releases !! Imagine the time that architects/developers can win with
that.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I think you misunderstood.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
-1; for embedding this external feature into karaf

+1 on the central "knowledge" base about external features available :)

One side node, OpenEJB with Karaf, Interesting something I always wanted
to try :)

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--