Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/15 07:21:19 UTC

Re: G 2.2 snapshot build error (activemq-parent not found)

Is there some documentation describing nexus setup at apache? I'm
really confused by the different repositories. For example, the
apache-6.pom points to http://repository.apache.org/snapshots url. But
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#view-repositories does not
list that exact repository url. From browsing the repos it looks to me
like http://repository.apache.org/snapshots is really just an alias
for https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/. And
that repo looks like a grouping of old snapshots from people and the
new nexus snapshots location. So it seems like
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots already contains the old and
new snapshots.

And if I have this right, adding the old snapshot repo to activemq
module won't work (since it's redundant) and there are some activemq
artifacts already published to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots. So I
think there is something else going here.

Jarek

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I looks to me that the maven metadata from the merged snapshot repo is
wrong, pointing to the very old people.apache.org repo version.

I pinged the repository list for advice.  I suspect that we should get
activemq or infra to delete the old snapshots and probably move to
unique timestamped snapshots.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.