Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Scott Andreas <sc...@paradoxica.net> on 2018/11/19 00:51:50 UTC

JIRA Reports in Confluence

Hi everyone,

I’ve created several new JIRA reports in Confluence organized under this top-level page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Jira+reports

These pages report open issues by Component and fix version. My aims in creating them are to:

– Represent what’s currently screened into each upcoming release milestone.
– Break releases down by component to assess health/outstanding work in each.
– Make it easier to identify what’s scoped where (and to gauge release size).
– Create pages that can be used as queues for screening and for patches awaiting review.

They may also help structure discussions on release scope and what’s in / what’s out. I’ve refrained from updating the “fix version” field on tickets this weekend, but hope that these pages can become useful toward doing so as a dev community. Additional JIRA grooming is needed before these can support scope / timeline discussions on a per-release basis (esp. getting all active and planned testing work represented) – but representing the current state of things seemed like a prerequisite.

The current reports are:

– 4.0: Open Issues by Component
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/4.0%3A+Open+Issues+by+Component

– 4.0.x: Open Issues by Component
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/4.0.x%3A+Open+Issues+by+Component

– 4.x: Open Issues by Component
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/4.x%3A+Open+Issues+by+Component

– Open Issues by Component (Unscreened)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=97550493

– Patch Available
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Patch+Available

If you’ve got cabin fever from poor air quality (or just really love screening bugs), I’d love help adding components to tickets on the "Open Issues by Component - Unscreened” page.

Cheers,

– Scott

Re: JIRA Reports in Confluence

Posted by Stefan Podkowinski <sp...@apache.org>.
Thanks for sorting out components across all these tickets. I really
like the idea of having predefined reports.

Looking at how tickets are grouped between 4.0, 4.0.x and 4.x, we should
probably do some cleanup for the "fix version" attribute as well. We use
to set a ultimate version once a patch has been committed, e.g. "3.11.3"
should list only issues that have been addressed in that version and all
issues should be set to resolved by now. Any issues using "3.11.x"
indicate that this issue would be a potential candidate for the next
3.11.4 release, if resolved in time. Following this approach, an
unresolved 4.0 issue should not exist. Those should be 4.x. Maybe the
author wanted to indicate that this issue should definitely be resolved
for 4.0, but isn't ready yet. But in that case, we should bump the
priority to blocker instead or create a label. Also the "4.0.x" value
doesn't make any sense to me and should probably simply set to "4.x".