Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@apache.org> on 2007/02/20 10:20:21 UTC

[ANN] Apache MINA 1.0.2 Released: A Network Application Framework

The Apache MINA project team is proud to announce the release of Apache
MINA, a Java network application framework, version 1.0.2.

Apache MINA (Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications) is a
network application framework which helps users develop network applications
easily by providing abstractions of network and protocol I/O layers. The Apache
MINA project website (mina.apache.org) <http://mina.apache.org/> includes
resources such as introductory presentation slides and examples to help you
learn MINA as soon as possible.

Feature List:

   - Unified API for various transport types:
      - TCP/IP
      - UDP/IP
      - In-VM pipe communication
      - You can implement your own!
   - Low-level and high-level API:
      - Low-level: uses ByteBuffers
      - High-level: uses user-defined message objects and codecs
   - Stream-based I/O support via StreamIoHandler
   - Filter interface as an extension point; similar to Servlet filters
      - SSL support via SSLFilter thanks to Java 5 SSLEngine
      - Thread pools are implemented as filters so that users can
      customize thread model.
   - Unit testability using mock objects
   - JMX managability
   - Traffic throttling
   - Overload shielding
   - Integration with well known containers such as PicoContainer and
   Spring
   - Smooth migration from Netty, a popular NIO framework.

Changes since 1.0.1 (please refer here <http://tinyurl.com/2lxt4g> for
detailed information.)

   - Better memory utilization
   - More than 10 bug fixes

The Apache MINA project team is always open for your feedback.  Please let
us know what you think about MINA via our mailing
list<http://mina.apache.org/mailing-lists.html>
.

Thank you,
Trustin