Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/07/07 02:17:20 UTC

HIGH_SLACK_LINE on Solaris

Do I understand correctly that HIGH_SLACK_LINE needs to be defined
for Solaris?

Re: HIGH_SLACK_LINE on Solaris

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Do I understand correctly that HIGH_SLACK_LINE needs to be defined
> for Solaris?

If you wish to use more than so many virtual domains.  The point of using
it is that Solaris <v2.6 only allows 255 fds in a FILE structure, so
HIGH_SLACK_LINE tries to keep other fds above 255 to leave room for FILE
ones.

Has no impact if you don't use lots of fds.