Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Haitao Yao <ya...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/06 07:32:44 UTC

Pig script compiling too slow with pig-0.10 and pig-0.11

Hi all
	I have a big pig script running under pig-0.9.2. While upgrading to pig 0.11 or 0.10, the script needs to be compiled for 2 hours! This is unbelievable. What new compile rules are added in pig 0.10? With pig-0.9.2, the job compilation is done only within several minutes.

	Thanks.

Haitao Yao
yao.erix@gmail.com
weibo: @haitao_yao
Skype:  haitao.yao.final

Re: Pig script compiling too slow with pig-0.10 and pig-0.11

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
Can you try this on trunk and let me know if you have a similar error?

Also can you turn on DEBUG and say if it is taking forever during or after
parsing?