Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net> on 2010/01/26 16:15:24 UTC

Debian packages

Hi,

I was looking for some ready to use debian packages of qpid and didn't find anything. While playing with the build process I managed to do packages (version 0.5 in the moment) for qpid-cpp and qpid-python as some kind of fall-out. They may not be 100% perfect because I'm still learning qpid, but they seem to work at least with the provided example code.

Use "apt-cache search qpid" to find them. qpid-broker contains qpidd, qpid-utils has qpid-config etc.

If someone finds them useful - they're available in the repository at http://apt.naasa.net . Feedback is welcome. Please cc, I'm not on the list ;-)

Cheers,
Cajus
Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Debian packages

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cajus,

First of all thank you for sharing this info
If the Qpid PMC agrees, we could add a link to your debian packages
from the Qpid website.
I would also encourage you to join our Qpid dev/user list as it will
be a good opportunity for you to help out if users have questions on
the debian packages.
It would also be a good way to receive feedback.

Rajith

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking for some ready to use debian packages of qpid and didn't find anything. While playing with the build process I managed to do packages (version 0.5 in the moment) for qpid-cpp and qpid-python as some kind of fall-out. They may not be 100% perfect because I'm still learning qpid, but they seem to work at least with the provided example code.
>
> Use "apt-cache search qpid" to find them. qpid-broker contains qpidd, qpid-utils has qpid-config etc.
>
> If someone finds them useful - they're available in the repository at http://apt.naasa.net . Feedback is welcome. Please cc, I'm not on the list ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Cajus
> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org