Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jochen Maes <jo...@sejo.be> on 2007/07/19 08:23:15 UTC

Re: how to update the spam assassin

Posted by Jochen Maes <jo...@sejo.be>.

I have no idea how it works on w2k3 but you should have a sa-update
executable in your spamassassin installation folder. (i guess, can
someone confirm?)
If you have that it's easy to set up a AT command that runs it regurally.

kind regards,

SeJo

Sg wrote:
> I am using that SA-conf tool for windows 2003 server..my SA is running
> on that OS only.. Ok.. Tell me what are the steps your are following to
> update? am not mentioned the OS. whatever OS your are working.
>
> On 7/19/07, *Jochen Maes* <jochen.maes@sejo.be
> <ma...@sejo.be> > wrote:
>
> Sg wrote:
>> We are using SA gui tool.
>
> I have no idea what that is or how it works. I do know that setting a
> simple crontab with sa-update does the trick for me.
>
> Would it be possible to keep replies on list, other people get to learn
> from it.
>

>> On 7/19/07, *Jochen Maes* <jochen.maes@sejo.be
> <ma...@sejo.be>
>> <mailto:jochen.maes@sejo.be <ma...@sejo.be>>> wrote:
>
>> Sg wrote:
>>> Hi all
>
>>> I am using 3.1.7 version. shall i upgrade this or to copy the new
>> rules
>>> to this directory \usr\share\spamassassin. If i want to upgrade it
>> means
>>> how to do?
>
>>> --
>>> Sg
>
>> Hi,
>
>> To update the rules you can use sa-update.
>
>> kind regards,
>
>> SeJo
>

>> --
>> Sg
>

> --
> Sg

- --
"Defer no time, delays have dangerous ends"
"Ne humanus crede"

Jochen Maes
http://sejo.be
http://www.freenode.net