Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org> on 2008/02/14 23:39:20 UTC

Re: [struts] Dynamic Results

stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> I am puzzled at why S2 is not executing getHeight() on my ChartAction
> and substituting the height and weight into these params.

This is done by StrutsResultSupport.  I would guess that whatever class
is implementing your chart result does not extend/leverage that capability.

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/StrutsResultSupport.html

-Dale

Re: [struts] Dynamic Results

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> The ChartAction extends ActionSupport.  Wouldn't the
> action-mapping-OGNL-parsing be looking for height/width getters on the
> ChartAction?

I think we're all talking past each other here.

It's the responsibility of the *result* to parse OGNL in its parameters: the
JFreeChart result doesn't do that.

If you look at the source of the JFreeChart result and compare it to
something like the servlet redirect result you'll notice that JFreeChart just
implements Result, whereas the the servlet result result extends
StrutsResultSupport.

It's StrutsResultSupport that does the evaluation of parameters.

Dave

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Dale Newfield <Da...@newfield.org> wrote:
> > stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I am puzzled at why S2 is not executing getHeight() on my ChartAction
> > > and substituting the height and weight into these params.
> >
> > This is done by StrutsResultSupport.  I would guess that whatever class
> > is implementing your chart result does not extend/leverage that
> > capability.

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/StrutsResultSupport.html

Re: [struts] Dynamic Results

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
Hey Dale --

The ChartAction extends ActionSupport.  Wouldn't the
action-mapping-OGNL-parsing be looking for height/width getters on the
ChartAction?

Scott

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Dale Newfield <Da...@newfield.org> wrote:

> stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> > I am puzzled at why S2 is not executing getHeight() on my ChartAction
> > and substituting the height and weight into these params.
>
> This is done by StrutsResultSupport.  I would guess that whatever class
> is implementing your chart result does not extend/leverage that
> capability.
>

> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/StrutsResultSupport.html
>
> -Dale

Scott