Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Thamme Gowda <tg...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/25 15:05:58 UTC

[NUTCH-2292] Switching to maven build

Hi Lewis,

(CC'ing dev for visibility)
The maven build is brought up to date with the recent changes on master. It
is also upgraded to compile for JDK 8.

*What works:*
- Compilation and packaging using maven
- runtime/local build is replicated exactly as ant/ivy

*What needs to be done:*
- Fix tests
- Configure runtime/deploy
- Merge with master

*What challenges I am facing:*
- there are System.exit(...) calls within the code paths taken by tests.
Maven test runner isn't happy about it.
- Some unit tests expect plugins.folder to be available. Seems like we have
to reorganize the tests.

*How to test it:*
# All changes are at: https://github.com/apache/nutch/tree/NUTCH-2292
# git fetch -all
$ git checkout NUTCH-2292
$ mvn clean package -DskipTests # Skip the tests for now
$ cd runtime/local
# here you can run bin/crawl as before, export NUTCH_HOME=$PWD

Let me know how it goes. I will need some more hands to fix all the tests.

Cheers,
Thamme

--
*Thamme Gowda *
Grad. Student at Univ. of Southern California