Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Hubert, Eric" <er...@jamba.net> on 2008/05/06 00:46:05 UTC

Build problem

Hi all,

today I tried to build synapse and got the following error during test execution:

org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: Unable to instantia
te POJO 'class org.apache.synapse.transport.mail.TestFolder'; nested exception i
s java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.synapse.transport.mail.TestFolder
; nested exception is org.apache.maven.surefire.testset.TestSetFailedException:
Unable to instantiate POJO 'class org.apache.synapse.transport.mail.TestFolder';
 nested exception is java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.synapse.transp
ort.mail.TestFolder
org.apache.maven.surefire.testset.TestSetFailedException: Unable to instantiate
POJO 'class org.apache.synapse.transport.mail.TestFolder'; nested exception is j
ava.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.synapse.transport.mail.TestFolder
java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.synapse.transport.mail.TestFolder

It seems as if the "not so clever" maven surefire-plugin tries to instantiate a test class which in fact is no test class at all. Surefire blindly follows the "Test*"-naming pattern. At least this applies to the surefire plugin version 2.3 which I use. If I remember correctly someone told me that this is fixed in 2.4 or 2.5. Not sure about that.

What version do you guys use? I was using vanilla Maven 2.0.9. I guess a few people out there should have the same trouble. Wouldn't it be better to rename this file?

For now I used -DskipTests, which was sufficient for me. Just wanted to let you guys know about it.

Regards,
   Eric

Re: Build problem

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Cool. Nice to hear you got it working.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

RE: Build problem

Posted by "Hubert, Eric" <er...@jamba.net>.
Hi Ruwan,

________________________________

Re: Build problem

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Hubert, Eric <er...@jamba.net> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> then this is possibly somehow related to my environment. I had done a
> fresh svn update and after that a mvn clean install. I just tried it again -
> same error.
>
> I will test the same at work in about an hour.
>
> Regards,
>   Eric

Ruwan Linton

AW: Build problem

Re: Build problem

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
Eric,

Re: Build problem

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Do you have the default constructor in your class ?

-Deepal