Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Chris Stephens <ch...@liveoakinteractive.com> on 2006/08/22 22:51:11 UTC

How do I get rid of this error?  How do I "initialize the log4j system
properly"?

(org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded).

Re: log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Posted by Dennis Kubes <nu...@dragonflymc.com>.
its looking for the ${hadoop.log.dir} variable so you can either set
that on the command line or  you can change you log4j.properties file
the conf like I did:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO,console

log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.console.target=System.err
log4j.appender.console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.console.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss} %p
%c{2}: %m%n