Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by SAtalk Mail User <sa...@thebuc.com> on 2007/03/07 04:08:59 UTC

Spamassassin 3.1.8

Hello All,

I have upgraded spamassassin from 3.1.7 to 3.1.8 and have a easy quiestion,
When I look at the headers it still shows that Spamassassin 3.1.7 is installed / running
Why is that?  I did the following --> downloaded Mail-SpamassAssin-3.1.8.tar.gz and installed
by perl Makefile.PL / make / make install
stopped the current spamd and restarted and it shows that 3.1.7 in the header.

TIA

Re: Spamassassin 3.1.8

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 09:08:59PM -0600, SAtalk Mail User wrote:
> stopped the current spamd and restarted and it shows that 3.1.7 in the header.

I would guess that your install didn't happen correctly.  Sounds like you have
one version installed and probably installed 3.1.8 to a different location.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Remember: while root can do most everything, there are certain privileges

Re: Spamassassin 3.1.8

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.
On Tuesday 06 March 2007, SAtalk Mail User wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have upgraded spamassassin from 3.1.7 to 3.1.8 and have a easy
> quiestion, When I look at the headers it still shows that Spamassassin
> 3.1.7 is installed / running Why is that?  I did the following -->
> downloaded Mail-SpamassAssin-3.1.8.tar.gz and installed by perl Makefile.PL
> / make / make install
> stopped the current spamd and restarted and it shows that 3.1.7 in the
> header.
>
> TIA

Some distros, most annoyingly Suse insist that spamd be in a different
directory than the default location that sa uses.

For instance with suse you may end up with
/usr/sbin/spamd and /usr/bin/spamd

So if you use spamd, even if you restart it, it restarts the
wrong version.  Best to nuke one and leave only
the other.  But beware, if suse comes out with an update
to the spamd package they replace spamd.
Sometimes its easier to create a link.

Of course if you don't use suse, well, never mind then... ;-)

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

RE: Spamassassin 3.1.8

Posted by R Lists06 <li...@abbacomm.net>.

> I have upgraded spamassassin from 3.1.7 to 3.1.8 and have a easy
> quiestion,
> When I look at the headers it still shows that Spamassassin 3.1.7 is
> installed / running
> Why is that?  I did the following --> downloaded Mail-SpamassAssin-
> 3.1.8.tar.gz and installed
> by perl Makefile.PL / make / make install
> stopped the current spamd and restarted and it shows that 3.1.7 in the
> header.
> TIA

Greetings back at ya...

What operating system?

It isn't accidentally installed twice in two separate places is it?

Are you using qmail-scanner-queue?

If so, you have to run it (the QMS perl script) a certain way to have it
reinit the new config

 - rh

--
Robert - Abba Communications