Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2005/12/17 18:57:51 UTC

Re: éèàù.... replaced by X by Spamassassin

>> On Samstag, 17. Dezember 2005 14:43 Thomas Manson wrote:
>> > Andrzej Adam Filip told me that it was probably Cyrus that was doing
>> > this and i've to set munge8bit to 0 in imapd.conf.
>> >
>> > I'll try tomorrow (i'm late in buying Xmas presents :op)
>> >
>> > I'll give feedback.
>>
>> Yes, please report back then! I have the same problem, and thought it=20
>> was kmail, so I opened a bug report there. I would like to correct this=20
>> if cyrus was the problem. I also set munge8bit now, but I'm on holiday=20
>> and can test only in some days...

HI,

the X is definitely caused by cyrus, but the munge8bit option is not present at least in my 2.2.12
install
There is, however, reject8bits ....
/* If enabled, lmtpd rejects messages with 8-bit characters in the
   headers.  Otherwise, 8-bit characters are changed to `X'.  (A
   proper soultion to non-ASCII characters in headers is offered by
   RFC 2047 and its predecessors.) */

Wolfgang Hamann

Re: éèàù.... replaced by X by Spamassassin

Posted by Michael Monnerie <m....@zmi.at>.
On Samstag, 17. Dezember 2005 22:39 Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
> Do you use default setting for report_safe? (1)

I have some SPAM honeypot e-mail addresses that are not checked, they
just collect and are unmodified (excluded in amavis), because I don't
need them checked, obviously. Too bad cyrus destroys them.

mfg zmi
--
// Michael Monnerie, Ing.BSc  ---   it-management Michael Monnerie
// http://zmi.at           Tel: 0660/4156531          Linux 2.6.11

Re: éèàù.... replaced by X by Spamassassin

Posted by Andrzej Adam Filip <an...@xl.wp.pl>.
Michael Monnerie wrote:
> On Samstag, 17. Dezember 2005 18:57 hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
>
>>the X is definitely caused by cyrus, but the munge8bit option is not
>>present at least in my 2.2.12 install
>>There is, however, reject8bits ....
>>/* If enabled, lmtpd rejects messages with 8-bit characters in the
>>   headers.  Otherwise, 8-bit characters are changed to `X'.  (A
>>   proper soultion to non-ASCII characters in headers is offered by
>>   RFC 2047 and its predecessors.) */
>

> Merde, I got that version too. OK, so cyrus is the Bad One in that
> regard. Not good for SPAM reporting...

Do you use default setting for report_safe? (1)

report_safe { 0 │ 1 │ 2 }     (default: 1)

if this option is set to 1, if an incoming message is tagged as spam,
instead of modifying the original message, SpamAssassin will create a new
(ensuring the original message is completely preserved, not easily opened,
and easier to recover).

--
[en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/  Netcraft Site Rank: 504364

Re: éèàù.... replaced by X by Spamassassin

Posted by Michael Monnerie <m....@zmi.at>.

Re: éčŕů.... replaced by X by cyrus-imapd

Posted by Andrzej Adam Filip <an...@xl.wp.pl>.
hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
>[...]
> HI,
>
> the X is definitely caused by cyrus, but the munge8bit option is not present at least in my 2.2.12
> install
> There is, however, reject8bits ....
> /* If enabled, lmtpd rejects messages with 8-bit characters in the
>    headers.  Otherwise, 8-bit characters are changed to `X'.  (A
>    proper soultion to non-ASCII characters in headers is offered by
>    RFC 2047 and its predecessors.) */
>
> Wolfgang Hamann

AFAIR the option requires patch and it is not supported directly by pristine
distribution.

AFAIK the  patch is available in source rpm available at
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/

Posted by Thomas Manson <de...@gmail.com>.
yes, that's the only change i've made (add 'munge8bit: 0')

Posted by Michael Monnerie <m....@zmi.at>.
On Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2005 02:11 Thomas Manson wrote:
> In fact it seems that it really was cyrus, as thunderbird was always
> running, i recieved a X'ed mail before the reloading of cyrus. Now it
> works well... sorry

..with munge8bits?

mfg zmi

Posted by Thomas Manson <de...@gmail.com>.
In fact it seems that it really was cyrus, as thunderbird was always
running, i recieved a X'ed mail before the reloading of cyrus. Now it
works well... sorry :o)