Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2008/04/15 00:32:38 UTC

ICLA's for students

Students who plan to contribute to Derby should sign an ICLA.  Please
see  the

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyContributorChecklist

for more information.

Thanks

Kathey

Re: ICLA's for students

Posted by Junjie Peng <pj...@gmail.com>.
     Thanks to Jean and Kathey. I got it!

     Regards
     Junjie

Re: ICLA's for students

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>>      1. What's the deadline we submit our CLAs?
You should file a ICLA before you contribute a significant patch.  For a
small patch, just granting license to Apache in Jira is probably ok.

Kathey

Re: ICLA's for students

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Junjie Peng wrote:
>     Hello,Kathey.
>     The icla.pdf downloaded from
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyContributorChecklist says,"If you
> have not already done so, please complete and send an original signed
> Agreement to The Apache Software Foundation, 1901 Munsey Drive, Forest
> Hill, MD 210502747,U.S.A. If necessary, you may send it by facsimile
> to the Foundation at +19195739199. "
>      Meanwhile, it's said in http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
> that," CLAs may be submitted by traditional postal mail, fax, or by
> emailing a scan of the signed copy to secretary@."
>      I wonder:
>      1. What's the deadline we submit our CLAs?
>      2. Emailing a scan is not referred in the icla.pdf, but referred
> in http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas . Is this way valid on earth?
Emailing the signed and scanned icla is valid -- Apache started allowing
that last year, but not all docs have caught up yet.
>      3. If I preferred to email a scan, whether should I email to
> secretary@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>?
yes, secretary@apache.org is correct. (The web page you were looking at
dropped the "apache.org").

 -jean