Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/17 17:53:41 UTC

JDBC Database Persistence Question

I am trying to determine if JDBC database persistence makes sense in
my application stack.  Currently I will deploying a single broker (AMQ
5.0) with about 6 queues.

What are some of the reasons someone would consider JDBC persistence?
Personally, I'm fine with Kaha, but my boss would like me to
investigate all the angles.

thanks

-- brian

Re: JDBC Database Persistence Question

Posted by Fred D <fr...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Hi Brian,

For your setup, the AMQ Message store (used by default with AMQ 5+) is
probably your best bet.

The real benefit for JDBC in Active MQ is that it supports a wide range of
platforms that you can utilize if you already have these deployed (reuse
your investment). As well you can handle some custom requirements perhaps
using the well understood JDBC API without having to learn the internals of
AMQ message store /KAHA.

Fred

-----
Goto www.ttmsolutions.com for a free ActiveMQ user guide