Posted to users@ace.apache.org by Dmytro Pishchukhin <dm...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/13 08:15:52 UTC

How to register a target and install a distribution without UI

Hello,

I'd like to configure ACE server to register new targets and install
distributions without a confirmation in ACE UI.

Is there any rule engine I can configure in such a way:
- register targets that match a filter (targerID=com.acme.ace.test.target.*)
- install distribution1 to targets that match a filter
(targerID=com.acme.ace.test.target.local-*)
- install distribution2 and 3 to targets that match a filter
(targerID=com.acme.ace.test.target.remote-*)
- and so on

Thanks a lot.

--
Best regards,
Dmytro Pishchukhin

AW: audit log/feedback - stupid question

Posted by Sibla Wilfried <Wi...@bosch-si.com>.
Hi

Can anyone tell me what's the purpose of the first column in the features, distributions and target panel of the ACE WebUI?
Sometimes there's an array and sometimes there a plus depicted within that column.
And the icon disappears after several time or some user interaction.

A short feedback would be very helpful.

Thx and Greetings
Wilfried

Posted by Sibla Wilfried <Wi...@bosch-si.com>.

Re: audit log/feedback

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.

Re: audit log/feedback

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.eu>.
Hello Wilfried,

On 13 Feb 2014, at 15:40 pm, Sibla Wilfried <Wi...@bosch-si.com> wrote:

> I saw that the target is sending all log events (old and new) again to the server after each restart.

It should not do that.

> Could this be a bug? Or did I forgot some config parameters?

The agent should talk to the server and figure out what events to send. This happens in FeedbackChannel.synchronizeStore(...) where a delta between the local and remote range is calculated. So if something goes wrong there, that is definitely a bug. There is nothing to configure.

Did you try stepping through this method to see if anything goes wrong there?

Greetings, Marcel

audit log/feedback