Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mi...@Bertelsmann.de on 2002/02/25 13:06:19 UTC

Logging format

Hi,

is there a possibility to log the complete sent POST-data out of an apache
logging-rule?

Thanks.

Re: Logging format

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 Mike.Lohmann@Bertelsmann.de wrote:
> > is there a possibility to log the complete sent POST-data out
> > of an apache logging-rule?
>
> No.  I don't believe so.  (Well, actually, I think the ScriptLog does
> this, but you should only use that for debugging.)

For Apache 1.3, the answer is definitely 'no', not even with
ScriptLog (which I think hasn't worked in years).  The message
body is consumed once, and isn't available to any other part of
Apache after whatever read it has done so.

In 2.0 something could probably be done with an input filter,
but since POST message bodies are commonly huge, logging them
would be contraindicated in most cases. :-)
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Logging format

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 Mike.Lohmann@Bertelsmann.de wrote:
> is there a possibility to log the complete sent POST-data out of an apache
> logging-rule?

No.  I don't believe so.  (Well, actually, I think the ScriptLog does
this, but you should only use that for debugging.)

Joshua.