Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cristianb <co...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/07 08:05:55 UTC

Transferring large files over Apache NMS/ActiveMQ

Hi,

What is considered a 'great' approach for doing this? IStreamMessage is of
no great use, BlobMessage is not supported... I thought there's support for
something better than sending the file in chunks, recomposing it at the
other end...

In other words, what is your experience with sending big files over Apache
NMS connector for ActiveMQ?

Please check also the link here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5567331/transferring-large-files-with-apache-nms

Thank you

Re: Transferring large files over Apache NMS/ActiveMQ

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, that's large ;-).  You might consider the pattern where the files are stored (HTTP, WebDav, FTP, NFS, etc), and you create events that contain the location URL of the file that the application on the other end will process.  That app then accesses the file accordingly.

Matt Pavlovich

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
How "big" is big?  1Mb, 100Mb, 10Gb?