Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2018/10/05 15:51:40 UTC

[OZONE] Community calls

Hi everybody,

We start a new community call series about Apache Hadoop Ozone. It's an
informal discussion about the current items, short-term plans,
directions and contribution possibilities.

Please join if you are interested or have questions about Ozone.

For more details, please check:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Community+Calls

Marton

ps: As it's written in the wiki, this is not a replacement of the
mailing lists. All main proposals/decisions will be published to the
mailing list/wiki to generate further discussion.

Re: [OZONE] Community calls

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
As a memo:

The discussion was mostly about the current state of the Ozone
development and the roadmap which is available from here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Road+Map

The next release will be 0.3.0 with s3 compatible rest interface, and
more stable ozonefs (=more testing).

ozone-0.3 branch is cut yesterday evening. Development of 0.4.0 (with
security features) will be continued on the trunk branch.

I also opened the jira item for the 0.3.0 release at HDDS-602. If you
have any concerns/idea about the technical aspect of the release, please
comment there.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Marton

Re: [OZONE] Community calls

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
As a reminder:

In the new year we will continue our weekly, informal discussion about
the current Ozone issues/work items.

This call is open for anybody who is interested about Ozone or has any
Ozone related questions.

The details are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Community+Calls

From 2019 I would like to write quick summaries about the calls to make
the discussions more visible.

If no objections I will send a weekly mails...

 * only to hdfs-dev (it's storage related)
 * with [Ozone][status] prefix (to make it easy to filter out)

Re: [OZONE] Community calls

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
As a reminder:

In the new year we will continue our weekly, informal discussion about
the current Ozone issues/work items.

This call is open for anybody who is interested about Ozone or has any
Ozone related questions.

The details are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Community+Calls

From 2019 I would like to write quick summaries about the calls to make

Re: [OZONE] Community calls

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
As a reminder:

In the new year we will continue our weekly, informal discussion about
the current Ozone issues/work items.

This call is open for anybody who is interested about Ozone or has any
Ozone related questions.

The details are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Community+Calls

From 2019 I would like to write quick summaries about the calls to make

Re: [OZONE] Community calls

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
As a reminder:

In the new year we will continue our weekly, informal discussion about
the current Ozone issues/work items.

This call is open for anybody who is interested about Ozone or has any
Ozone related questions.

The details are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Community+Calls

From 2019 I would like to write quick summaries about the calls to make