Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Tenfjord <pa...@tenfjord.net> on 2006/08/31 10:19:00 UTC

Language settings score

Hello all.

In Norway there is strict law rules concerning sending spam, which in fact
works very well. Therefor we have no Norwegian incoming spam.
I was wondering if there is a feature that lowers the score for mails that is
in  the Norwegian language.
The way I understand ok_languages, it allows or disallows the given languages.
What we need is something so that we can set the score to -100 if the mail is
written in Norwegian.

Score no_language -100 or something like that.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Kind Regards Paul

Re: Language settings score

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Thu, August 31, 2006 10:19, Paul Tenfjord wrote:
> The way I understand ok_languages, it allows or disallows the given languages.
> What we need is something so that we can set the score to -100 if the mail is
> written in Norwegian.
>
> Score no_language -100 or something like that.
>
> Hope you understand what I mean.

sounds like an ispell plugin for spamassassin :-)

ispell -d norge < msg and score highter if its alot of non local words in it :-)

else set ok_languages no en and enable the textcat plugin

else unwanted languages will hit

--
"This message was sent using 100% recycled spam mails."

Re: Language settings score

Posted by Graham Murray <gr...@gmurray.org.uk>.
Paul Tenfjord <pa...@tenfjord.net> writes:

> In Norway there is strict law rules concerning sending spam, which
> in fact works very well. Therefor we have no Norwegian incoming
> spam.  I was wondering if there is a feature that lowers the score
> for mails that is in the Norwegian language.  The way I understand
> ok_languages, it allows or disallows the given languages.  What we
> need is something so that we can set the score to -100 if the mail
> is written in Norwegian.

Even if no spam originates from Norway, that does not mean that no
spam will be written in Norwegian. It would be possible for spammers
in some other country to target Norway and write the messages in
Norwegian.

Re: Language settings score

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Paul Tenfjord wrote:

> In Norway there is strict law rules concerning sending spam, which in fact
> works very well. Therefor we have no Norwegian incoming spam.
> I was wondering if there is a feature that lowers the score for mails that is
> in  the Norwegian language.

language != source. A norwegian-language spam could easily originate
outside Norway and not be subject to your laws.

If you want to reduce score for that, I would suggest using a
geographical test, such as an RBL lookup on norway.blackholes.us or
a GeoIP test, with the desired negative points.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin@impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org