Posted to user@ant.apache.org by bo...@ndsu.edu on 2008/03/17 17:44:01 UTC

release date of ant archives versions

Hi, My name is Bouchaib Falah. I am a graduate student at North Dakota
State University. Currently I am a research assistant and using ant object
 programs for my research. I have tow questions please and hope to find
 their answers from you.
 1) I want to know when each ant version(from v1.2 to v1.7) was created. So
 is there any way to access the cvs repository and how?
 2) Can you plase send me a link to download ant version 1.5 Beta3? I could
 not find it with the archives versions.
 Thank you so much for your help.

 Sincerely,

 Bouchaib Falah
 Graduate Assistant
 Software Enginering
 North Dakota State Univrsity
 Fargo, ND

AW: release date of ant archives versions

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
Also the release dates are listed on
http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#history

Jan

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
Releases of Ant can be found here:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/. The dates next to the
archive name is the release date of that revision. Revision 1.5 was
released back in August of 2003. Since beta revisions are not
officially released, you probably cannot access version 1.5 Beta 3.
You can access the final version of release 1.5 at
http://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/jakarta-ant-1.5-bin.zip.

Ant doesn't use CVS, it uses Subversion. The Subversion repositories
can be accessed via the instructions on this page:
http://ant.apache.org/svn.html. To get more information on Subversion,
see the Subversion project page: http://subversion.tigris.org and the
Subversion on-line book at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/.

You can also access the source via the web. This looks like Ant
Release 1.5 Beta 3:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/tags/ANT_15_B3/.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 12:44 PM,  <bo...@ndsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi, My name is Bouchaib Falah. I am a graduate student at North Dakota
>  State University. Currently I am a research assistant and using ant object
>   programs for my research. I have tow questions please and hope to find
>   their answers from you.
>   1) I want to know when each ant version(from v1.2 to v1.7) was created. So
>   is there any way to access the cvs repository and how?
>   2) Can you plase send me a link to download ant version 1.5 Beta3? I could
>   not find it with the archives versions.
>   Thank you so much for your help.
>
>   Sincerely,
>
>   Bouchaib Falah