Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by "McCullough, Alex" <Al...@capitalone.com> on 2016/04/03 16:28:57 UTC

Running Local Mode Test Application Connected to HDFS Cluster

Hello All,

I am trying to get my local test application to run but when I try I get an error. This test application is running on my local machine and attempting to connect to a remote HDFS cluster.

I have made sure I have the same version of hadoop that is on the cluster installed locally and with the same config. I can run local HDFS commands that connect just fine to cluster to read the same files  my application should be reading/writing.

Thanks,
Alex

Error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: hdfs
at com.datatorrent.lib.io.fs.AbstractFileOutputOperator.setup(AbstractFileOutputOperator.java:334)
at com.capitalone.vault8.citadel.operators.impl.HdfsFileOutputOperator.setup(HdfsFileOutputOperator.java:71)
at com.capitalone.vault8.citadel.operators.impl.HdfsFileOutputOperator.setup(HdfsFileOutputOperator.java:22)
at com.datatorrent.stram.engine.Node.setup(Node.java:182)
at com.datatorrent.stram.engine.StreamingContainer.setupNode(StreamingContainer.java:1290)
at com.datatorrent.stram.engine.StreamingContainer.access$100(StreamingContainer.java:129)
at com.datatorrent.stram.engine.StreamingContainer$2.run(StreamingContainer.java:1363)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: hdfs
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:2421)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2428)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:88)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2467)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getUnique(FileSystem.java:2455)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.newInstance(FileSystem.java:414)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.newInstance(FileSystem.java:422)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.newInstance(FileSystem.java:404)
at com.capitalone.vault8.citadel.operators.impl.HdfsFileOutputOperator.getFSInstance(HdfsFileOutputOperator.java:90)
at com.datatorrent.lib.io.fs.AbstractFileOutputOperator.setup(AbstractFileOutputOperator.java:332)
... 6 more

Application Test Class:

@Category(IntegrationTest.class)
public class ApplicationTest {

  @Test
  public void testApplication() throws IOException, Exception {
    try {
      LocalMode lma = LocalMode.newInstance();
      Configuration conf = new Configuration(false);
      conf.addResource(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("/META-INF/properties.xml"));
      lma.prepareDAG(new Application(), conf);
      LocalMode.Controller lc = lma.getController();
      lc.run(200000); // runs for 10 seconds and quits
      lc.shutdown();
    } catch (ConstraintViolationException e) {
      Assert.fail("constraint violations: " + e.getConstraintViolations());
    }
  }
}

Re: Running Local Mode Test Application Connected to HDFS Cluster

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Since you are trying to interact with remote fs you also need to provide
the remote fs endpoint details. You can do it in two ways.

1. include remote fs url in the file path eg:
hdfs://<host>:<port>/user/alex/output/
2. add remote fs to the config used by the operator. For this, you can
override the getFSInstance method to config the remote fs as follows. In
this case, you can give the filePath as you would normally give.

  @Override
  protected FileSystem getFSInstance() throws IOException
  {
    Configuration config = new Configuration();
    if (remoteFs != null && !remoteFs.trim().isEmpty()) {
      config.set(FileSystem.FS_DEFAULT_NAME_KEY, remoteFs);
    }

    FileSystem tempFS = FileSystem.newInstance(new Path(filePath).toUri(),
config);

    if (tempFS instanceof LocalFileSystem) {
      tempFS = ((LocalFileSystem)tempFS).getRaw();
    }

    return tempFS;
  }

Where, remoteFs is the fs name of the remote server, you can find it as
fs.default.name in core-site.xml in remote hadoop.

Regards,
Ashwin.

Posted by Timothy Farkas <ti...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.