Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org> on 2003/03/03 13:52:40 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] close poi-users

I do agree that poi users are usually developers, so a separate user and dev
lists for discussion does not make sense, so closing poi-user and moving all
discussion to poi-dev would be a good idea.

I however think  that there probably should be a separate list for the default
bugzilla and cvs mails.

While i personally am and would continue to be subscribed to all POI lists, i
have found from experience of many of the dev lists here at apache when you just
want to follow along with the progress of development, a high volume of
automated mails distract from that. A case in point, i have been a lurker on the
ant dev lists for about three years (ie, since its inception), but decided to
unsubscribe recently (even after trying gmane) since the barrage of bugzilla
emails made is impossible for me to keep track of any development conversation.

I can appreciate why one would want to have bugzilla/cvs emails mailed to a
single list, but i am not too sure if its risk free.

only my 0.02
-
Avik

Re: Swap to JIRA? (Was: Re: [PROPOSAL] close poi-users)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

> I wouldn't mind bugzilla so much if it just had a reasonable subject
> line.  The do not reply with a bug number really don't give you a lot
> to go on.  Any way we can swap to Jira?

A. Is it opensource
B. Worth the effort?  (cost/benefit)
C. Are you volunteering to:
     1> install it
     2> configure it
     3> maintain it
?

if ( varA && varB && varC.get(1) && varC.get(2) && varC.get(3)) {
 answer(YES);
} else {
 answer(NO);
}