Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Michiaki Kanou <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/24 07:21:42 UTC

HTTP error code 404 is returned by Wicket1.3.5(WicketFilter) and WAS6.0.1(And FixPack 21).

I am using Wicket1.3.5 and WAS6.1.0(And FixPack21) now, and when
WicketFilter is used,
HTTP error code 404 is occur(It is not occur in Tomcat5.0.28).

The following question is here.

In the close() method of BufferedWebResponse, the Writer instance
might have to be shut.
For instance, after the write() method is called, I think that
getHttpServletResponse().getWriter().close()
is necessary.

When the close method of BufferedWebResponse was corrected as follows,
the problem
is canceled.

public void close()
{
    // If a redirection was specified
    if (redirectURL != null)
    {
        // actually redirect
        super.redirect(redirectURL);
    }
    else
    {
        // Write the buffer to the response stream
        if (buffer.length() != 0)
        {
            super.write(buffer);

            //------ TODO 2008/12/16 kanou add start ------
            try {
                getHttpServletResponse().getWriter().flush();
                getHttpServletResponse().getWriter().close();
            } catch (IOException ioe) {
                throw new WicketRuntimeException(getClass().getName()
+ " close() failed.");
            }
            //------ 2008/12/16 kanou add end ------
        }
    }
}

[Note]
When WicketServlet is used, the servlet container closes the response object.
However, when WicketFilter is used, I think that I depend on the
servlet container.

It is being written in the specification of servlet API2.4 of Sun.

SRV.5.5 Closure of Response Object
When a response is closed, the container must immediately flush all remaining
content in the response buffer to the client. The following events
indicate that the
servlet has satisfied the request and that the response object is to be closed:

・The termination of the service method of the servlet.
・The amount of content specified in the setContentLength method of the response
  has been written to the response.
・The sendError method is called.
・The sendRedirect method is called.

Re: HTTP error code 404 is returned by Wicket1.3.5(WicketFilter) and WAS6.0.1(And FixPack 21).

Posted by Michiaki Kanou <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the giving information.

To our regret, I already had confirmed this information.
HTTP error code 404 is not generated because I am using
WicketServlet now.

However, the use of WicketFilter is recommended from
WicketServlet since Wicket1.3.
I want to learn the achievement method in WicketFilter.
If I can do, I want to learn the achievement method in
WicketFilter.

Re: HTTP error code 404 is returned by Wicket1.3.5(WicketFilter) and WAS6.0.1(And FixPack 21).

Posted by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net>.
The WicketSerlvet class is still fully supported -- if you look closely at
its code, you will see that it basically hands everything off to the
WicketFilter class. My experience has been that the servlet solution works
best with WebSphere 6.1.

Re: HTTP error code 404 is returned by Wicket1.3.5(WicketFilter) and WAS6.0.1(And FixPack 21).

Posted by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net>.
Not sure if this applies to your case but have you seen
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/websphere.html Notes on using Wicket with
WebSphere ?