Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/30 06:59:55 UTC

Re: Can I install two different version of hadoop in the same cluster ?

Theoretically, you should be able to do this. You'll need to alter all the
ports so that there are no conflicts. However, resources might be a
problem... (assuming that you want daemons of both versions running at the
same time).. If you just want to run one version at a time, then it should
not be a problem as long as you keep the directories separate..