Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/02 00:17:03 UTC

Re: Use SQuirell to connect to Phoenix to a Secure HBase cluster

Woohoo..Got it working on a secure cluster. I had a mistake in connection
string.
I was missing ":phoenix" in my connection string.
Now, it works with this connection string:

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Use SQuirell to connect to Phoenix to a Secure HBase cluster

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

Yah, the patch is ready. I'll remove some unwanted log statement from my
code and submit it over weekend for review.

Also, i compiled Phoenix with HBase0.94.19 on my machine and used
phoenix-client.jar(instead of phoenix-client-without-hbase.jar) to connect
to a secure cluster. I was able to connect to secure cluster without
hacking the classpath. :)
 So, maybe we should plan to update phoenix to HBase0.94.19 release.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Use SQuirell to connect to Phoenix to a Secure HBase cluster

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Use SQuirell to connect to Phoenix to a Secure HBase cluster

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjeev,

Are you using a secure cluster?
I assume you are not.
Please make sure that you copy the configuration files in(on a Mac)
/Applications/SQuirreLSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib directory and
copy the phoenix-client.jar file in same directory. Basically, the hbase
conf files should be in classpath of Squirell.

jdbc:*phoenix*:zk_host1,zk_host2(provide all the hostnames that are running
ZK): port of zk(usually 2181): rootdir of hbase in HDFS(usually its
"/hbase")

Hope this helps.

~Anil

--