Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Peter Marshall <pe...@caris.com> on 2005/04/08 14:36:21 UTC

auto_learn and use_bayes

When you use auto_learn it updates the bayes database right ?  If you
have this in the main local.cf file, does it update the system wide
bayes database or the local users ?  does "use_bayes" turn on system
wide or individual ?

I guess, I would like to know how I know which is being used ?

How do I know it is running by each individual user (is this only
through running sa-learn as that user).

How do I know it is running system wide ?  (is that through use_bayes
and auto_learn).

If I run as a per user basis, do I need "use_bayes and auto_learn" in
the local.cf ?  The man page says that auto_learn is good, but should be
suplimented with sa-learn.  Just curious if auto_learn affecs all users
bayes database, or the system one.

Sorry for all the questions this morning ... I am just a little confused ...

Peter