Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Derek Chen-Becker <db...@cpicorp.com> on 2003/05/23 23:03:56 UTC

JNDI DataSource issue with migration from 4.0.6 to 4.1.24

Hello,
     I'm having a strange issue with a struts-based app I developed
under Tomcat 4.0.6. I'm trying to move it to a 4.1.24 server and I am
using a context JNDI DataSource for a database connection. I followed
the HOWTOs on the Tomcat website and it works fine under my development
system and on a fresh tomcat 4.0.6 installation, but when I try it under
4.1.24 my JNDI lookup returns null for the datasource. I don't see any
exceptions or errors until a bean I'm using tries to use the datasource.
Is there something I'm missing, or has anyone seen this before? I put
the context debug level at 5 and I can see that it is setting up the
JNDI resource, but I can't tell why I would be getting null. Here is the
context from my server.xml file:

         <Context path="/ovstatus" docBase="ovstatus" useNaming="true"
debug="5">

prefix="localhost__log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>

           <Resource name="jdbc/OpenViewDB" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.Datasource" />
           <ResourceParams name="jdbc/OpenViewDB">
             <parameter>
                 <name>factory</name>
             </parameter>
             <parameter>
                 <name>username</name>
                 <value>dbecker</value>
             </parameter>
             <parameter>
                 <name>password</name>
                 <value>...</value>
             </parameter>
             <parameter>
                 <name>driverClassName</name>
                 <value>com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver</value>
             </parameter>
             <parameter>
                 <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:informix-sqli://cpid.cpicorp.com:1535/ov_status:INFORMIXSERVER=cpidmain;</value>
             </parameter>
             <parameter>
                 <name>testOnBorrow</name>
                 <value>true</value>
             </parameter>
           </ResourceParams>
         </Context>

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314-231-1575 x6014
Fax:   314-613-6724
dbecker@cpicorp.com
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: 1C34 D81E D8A0 641D 6C8C  E952 3B15 693F 9184 BC58